Frasier Forward: Construction News
Frasier Forward, a $90+ million construction project, includes The Prairies, a 98 independent living apartment building, a new Arts and Education building, an expanded Wellness Center and extensive renovations of dining venues. The completion of the entire expansion is projected for the last quarter of 2019. For more information on our new independent living building, click here.
Stay informed on all of our construction news and updates.
- The Sky Lounge is closed for renovation.
- REMINDER: The southwest parking lot is closed. Residents are to park in their assigned parking spots. Staff, contractors, and caregivers, please do NOT use the two smaller west front lots. These lots are for guests of Frasier residents only. Also, staff, contractors, and caregivers, please avoid parking on the street on Ponca Place.
- REMINDER: The North Courtyard is closed, except for emergencies.
- For construction safety reasons, please avoid traveling around the northeast corner of Thunderbird Drive (on the northeast area of The Prairies construction site). There is a lot of construction traffic at this corner and reducing the general traffic would be very helpful.
- Renovation of the new library continues. Demolition is complete. The framing of walls will begin this week.
- Renovation of the Sky Lounge is in process. The demolition work will be completed this week. Work in apartments 441 and 445 will be completed this week. Plumbing work in the 4th-floor restrooms and Mirror office will continue this week. The hallway in this area along with the public restrooms will be closed for most of this week. At times, elevator #3 in The Peaks Central (Frasier Central) serving the Sky Lounge will be available for typical use. At other times, it will be “offline” and only used for construction purposes. When elevator #3 is closed, the service elevator is available to residents during these times.
- The water meter work on the Frasier North entrance is complete. This week there will be an asphalt patch of this area for which Pinkard anticipates the need to shut down only one lane of traffic on Thunderbird allowing for a limited flow of traffic into the parking area/garage. Visitors using that entrance are asked to park on the street. Also, residents that use the North garage frequently on a daily basis are encouraged to park on the street during this process.
- The Arts & Education Center’s lower level dirt removal is complete. Foundation work will start this week. Also, utility work for this building will start this week that may require the shut down of Sioux Drive and Ponca Place.
- Approximately 190 of the 240 caissons have been drilled for The Prairies (new IL building). Work continues on the north and central wing stair/elevator cores. Grade beam work is in process for the north wing as well. Caissons for the south wing stair/elevator areas will begin this week.
- The existing chiller will be relocated approximately 50 feet south to allow for The Prairies southeast corner caissons to be drilled. This relocation will take place in 10-14 days and will require the chiller to be shut down for several days. More information on this process will be given next week
- Due to weather, the fire hydrant at the HCC/AL parking lot entrance will be relocated this week.
Check out the Hard Hat Happenings, a weekly construction newsletter here.
WebCam1 (view of the new IL Building)
WebCam2 (view of the Arts & Education Building)
Thank you for your patience during our expansion! For questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our Frasier Forward master plan partners: